This April I’ll be sailing my way to the beautiful Isla Cozumel in Mexico as part of a blogger adventure: #SeasTheDay. Now, I won’t lie, I’m also excited about our time aboard Royal Caribbean Intl. Liberty of the Seas, but that’s another post coming soon! For now I want to share some cool places you might want to visit if you find yourself on this amazing island. A few of them are already on my list of MUST DO for this trip.
1. Señor Frog’s – (RJC Destination!) Looking for spicy food and a fun atmosphere? Señor Frog’s is the place to be. Home of the infamous ‘bikini bar stools’ this restaurant and bar is always hopping. It’s the best mix of festive and family friendly. “You’re in the right place if you’re looking for a good time and great food.”
2. Mr. Sancho’s Beach Club – (RJC Destination!) This private beach area club is packed with enough relaxation for the adults and fun for the kids. Visitors can purchase an all inclusive VIP package for $55 that includes all you can eat from the plentiful buffets (with wait service), all you can drink, snorkel gear, kayaks and shaded cabanas. For an additional fee you can also enjoy the water park, horseback riding, jet skis and more.
3. Jean Laffite Pirate Dinner Cruise – Travel back in time to the era of the pirates on board the Old Spanish Galleon, the Jean Lafitte. For $75 per person you can indulge in lobster, steak or chicken while being entertained by the pirate crew as you sail through the Caribbean waters.
4. Discover Mexico Cozumel Park – “DISCOVER MEXICO is the newest and most seen park in Cozumel that offers the tourist a unique experience about Mexico” Enjoy a day full of fun with activities like a tequila tour, Mexican history and culture tour, art museum and more.
5. Punta Sur Ecological Park & Lighthouse – Are you ready for some…crocodiles?! Visit the Celarain Lighthouse and you’ll see quite a few of them during your trek. After you face your fears you can also check out the navigation museum, snorkel on the beach or visit the sea turtles.
6. Mayan Ruins at Tulum – Tulum was one of the last cities inhabited and built by the Mayas – and you can tour the ancient ruins. Grab a tour with knowledgeable guides that will show you a version of Mexico you will never forget. If you’re staying in a Tulum resort you can also rent a bike and coast through for an amazing day trip.
7. Stingray Beach – Have you ever wanted to share the warm water with friendly stingrays? Here’s your chance. Expert guides teach you how to interact with these amazing creatures as you get up close and personal – even feeding them. Both snorkel and scuba experiences available.
8. Dolphinaris Dolphin Experience – If stingrays aren’t your thing then you can always enjoy some quality time with the dolphins. This swim park offers one-on-one time with your new aquatic friends as they greet you with a fin shake and an unforgettable kiss. Paddle board, snorkeling and kayaking also available. Fee discount if you book online!
9. Bullrider Harley Tour – What’s the most exiciting way to tour Cozumel? On a Harley Davidson motorcycle of course! Experienced riders can feel the wind in their hair as they ride through locations like El Cedral and Punta Sur. Afterwards, take a break in the warm sun as you refresh yourself with fajitas and lobster before taking a dip at the beach.
10. Chakanaab Beach Adventure Park – If you want to do several things, but you’re short on time – Chakanaab offers many different experiences in one location. Pick from adventures like swimming, diving and snorkeling tours, dolphin encounters, relaxing on the beach, nature trails, dolphin and sea lion shows, botanical garden and more.
Don’t miss live coverage of the #SeasTheDay blogger event in Cozumel – April 3 – 7 on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and more!
collage images – Flickr Creative Commons: